These two programs are developed solely for women, with the goal of providing valuable learning opportunities for women that are assisting or managing day to day tasks on farm, or women just wanting to further their education and training.
Participants will undertake accredited training at Tocal College’s Yanco Agricultural Institute, with funding opportunities for eligible participants. Participants can choose to undertake any or all of the courses on offer that met your needs. Details of the two programs are summarised below, with information also available in this brochure.
LOL – Ladies on Land
Land and workshop courses, running 12 to 16 July 2021.
To apply for funding, click here. Funding applications close 11 June 2021.
- Chainsaw Trim & Cut felled trees (2 day course)
- Conventional fencing (2 day course)
- Welding and Farm workshop skills (2 day course)
- Service and maintain small powered machines (1 day course)
WOW – Women on Wheels
Wheel-based courses, running 2 to 6 August 2021.
To apply for funding, click here. Funding applications close 2 July 2021.
- Tractors with FEL operations (2 day course)
- Quad bike handling (1 day course)
- Operate side by side utility vehicles (1 day course) – Participants must be 16 years or older
- Operate 2-wheel motorbikes (1 day course) – Participants must be 16 years or older
- Machinery hygiene (1 day course)
Accommodation for participants is available onsite at Yanco. For all accommodation enquiries please contact Leonie Napier on 6951 2748, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All courses are fully funded to eligible participants through AgSkilled 2.0. Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
AgSkilled 2.0 and Tocal have a strong on-farm focus. Funded training is to those with a genuine interest in NSW’s cotton, grains, production horticulture, viticulture and rice growing industries, such as being a producer, farm staff, contractor, industry professional or those seeking employment in the sector. In addition, participants must meet the standard Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria:
- 15 years old or over
- No longer in school
- Live or work in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
For all enquiries, please contact Sharon Leach – 6951 2695, or email@example.com.