Applications OPEN 1 December 2021
The Small Environmental Grant Scheme provides support for people undertaking projects that will make a positive difference to the natural living environment, in land, sea or air, rural or urban. The grants support grassroots organisations and individuals, and academics who are working with on-ground community groups.
The program is looking for projects focused on flora and fauna conservation or threatened mammal conservation.
Projects should involve any of the following:
- Monitoring, recording and sharing data,
- Delivering community education,
- Providing community capacity building (e.g. training), or
- Research and science.
Other important points to note:
- Projects must be directly making positive changes to biodiversity conservation in Australia
- Projects should have some short term outputs, but also have long term objectives and values
- Projects should show the following: enthusiasm, collaboration, passion, innovation
- We are most interested in projects that use citizen science; or are about community education that leads to conservation.
Further information and access to the application forms are available on the Wetenhall Trust website.